CUSCOR sources a large variety of closed-cell and open-cell foam sponge materials. Stocking many of these materials allows us to provide samples and prototypes rapidly.
Cushioning, sealing, gasket, absorbing, vibration damping and gap-filling are just a few of the applications where foam sponge is utilized. CUSCOR die-cuts foams of different densities, thicknesses, and compositions based on the requirements of your application. We also have the capability to laminate the foam material with adhesive and other materials to create a more dynamic part.
There are many types of foam sponges. Cushioning, sealing, cushioning, absorption, shock absorption and gap filling are only a small part of the application of foam sponge.
The first factors we must consider when choosing a foam sponge are:
- Material density and thickness
- Open cell vs. closed cell
- Resistance to chemicals and UV exposure
- Adhesive backing
- Lamination to other substrates
- Final packaging: loose parts; on a liner; provided on a roll
- Tight tolerance and high volume manufacturing, if required
Die Cut Foams
CUSCOR die-cuts foams of different density, thickness and composition based on the requirements of your application. We also have the capabilities to laminate the foam material with adhesive and other materials to create a more dynamic part.
- Rogers PORON®
- EPDM sponge
- NEOPRENE sponge
- PVC foams
- EVA foams
- Reticulated/filter foam materials
- Acoustic insulation foam
- PU/ Polyurethane foams
- Melamine foams
- NBR foams
- Sealing out moisture, dirt, debris
- Gap filling
- Vibration, noise damping
- Impact protection