EPDM sealing strip has good characteristics and performance:
1. EPDM sealing strip has good weather resistance, which means it has the ability to resist severe cold, high temperature, dryness, and humidity for a long time. And it has good corrosion resistance to the erosion of rain and snow, and the EPDM strip can extend the service life.
2. The heat aging resistance of EPDM sealing strip refers to its strong heat resistance to air aging. It can maintain effective physical properties for a long time at 140-150℃ and can belong at 100-120℃ Time use, it can withstand a high temperature of 230-260 ℃ in a short time, thus delaying the occurrence of accidents in urban buildings. In addition, through the use of a special formula, EPDM rubber has a similar feeling at a temperature of -50°C to 150°C, thereby creating a high performance for installation on the production site.
3. Due to its excellent ozone resistance, EPDM sealing strips are also called “crack-free rubber”, which is especially suitable for different atmospheric indexes. Various urban buildings completely exposed to the air, which will show the superiority of its products.
4. It can withstand a voltage of 60-150kV, and is also very resistant to corona, electric cracking, and arc resistance. When the tensile strength reaches 100MPa, the temperature is -58.8°C.
5. Due to its excellent physical and mechanical properties, it is often used in the manufacture of buses, airplanes, automobiles, trains, ships, high and low voltage switch cabinets, glass curtain walls, aluminum alloy heat insulation windows, diving products, high-pressure steam hoses, tunnels, and viaducts Joints and other waterproof parts, as well as other industrial and agricultural sealing parts, etc.
Molding and vulcanization of rubber foam strips
The molding methods of rubber foam strips include molding, extrusion, and plate molding. EPDM rubber foam strips are usually extruded (automotive parts). Most of them are processed by the UHF (microwave and hot air) process. In addition to the continuous extrusion vulcanization and foaming method, there is also a flat vulcanization and foaming method for making foamed rubber strips. This method has been used for a long time in the production of foamed sponge rubber strips, and its feature is that it can produce foamed products with micropores.
When the rubber foam strip is manufactured by a flat vulcanizer, a two-stage vulcanization method (one-stage vulcanization and two-stage vulcanization) is usually used. The main purpose of the first vulcanization is to decompose the foaming agent. After curing at low temperature for a short time [(100-120)℃x(5-10)min], put the semi-vulcanized foamed rubber into the secondary vulcanization mold. Then vulcanize for a long time at high temperature [(120 -160) ℃ x (10-15) min] to complete the foaming process. In this way, the size of the obtained foamed rubber product is the same as the size of the mold, and the curing conditions of the first stage and the second stage of curing are different due to the hardness, size, and thickness of the rubber foam, and the type and formula of the rubber.
The company is a professional supplier of flexible materials. Provide sealing solutions for high-speed rail, new energy batteries, electronic and electrical products, automobiles, cabinets, and other high-precision fields, and solve the problems of buffering, sealing, shock absorption, and sound absorption for customers’ products. Our company introduces advanced machinery and equipment, which can process various rubber materials such as slitting, gumming, slitting, and punching.