Neoprene is an extremely versatile synthetic black rubber used for harsh environment applications due to its excellent resistance to oil and petroleum-based solvents.
Neoprene resists deprivation from the sun, ozone, and other weather elements. It also displays incredible resistance to damage caused by flexing and twisting. Another advantage of neoprene rubber is that it has very good resistance to dilute acids, alkalis, oils, greases, and solvents.
Neoprene has the ability to work well in temperatures ranging from -40°C to +100°C, intermittent to +110°C. Neoprene gaskets are used for equipment in all industries.
CUSCOR can provide you with a variety of neoprene rubber products including gaskets, self-adhesive tapes, sponges, and foams.
And we can process neoprene into a block, sheet, tube, roll, and various die cuttings.
Neoprene foam is a versatile material used in various applications due to its unique properties. Some common uses of Neoprene foam include:
1. Insulation: Neoprene foam’s excellent thermal insulation properties make it ideal for use in insulating pipes, HVAC systems, and refrigeration units.
2. Cushioning and Padding: Neoprene foam is often used as cushioning or padding material in sports equipment, footwear, knee pads, helmets, and other protective gear. It provides comfort and shock absorption.
3. Gaskets and Seals: Neoprene foam’s resistance to water, oil, and weather makes it suitable for creating gaskets and seals in automotive, industrial, and marine applications.
4. Soundproofing: Neoprene foam’s sound-absorbing capabilities are utilized in soundproofing rooms, studios, and acoustic barriers to reduce noise transmission.
5. Packaging and Shipping: Neoprene foam sheets or rolls are used to protect fragile items during shipping and packaging due to their impact resistance and cushioning properties.
6. Buoyancy and Flotation Devices: Neoprene foam’s buoyant nature makes it an ideal material for use in life jackets, wetsuits, and other flotation devices.
7. Exercise Mats and Yoga Blocks: Neoprene foam is used to create exercise mats and yoga blocks due to its soft and supportive properties.
8. Medical Applications: Neoprene foam is sometimes used in orthopedic supports, prosthetics, and wheelchair cushions due to its ability to provide comfort and pressure relief.
These are just a few examples of the many applications of Neoprene foam. Its versatility and desirable characteristics make it a popular choice across various industries.